Happy New year!
I hope 2014 treated you well! My 2014 was…well, not what I’d imagined. Last year was a bit of a roller coaster for me, with some serious ups and downs. The ups?
- An incredible publishing contract brought my Finding Fate series (above) to life — books will be in stores later this month!
- Foreign rights were sold for several of my titles (see HERE)
- And Best Kind Of Broken was nominated for some spectacular awards (including Best Series, Best Contemporary Romance, Best Lead Character, & Best Couple)
I mean…wow! Seriously amazing things happened this year. Can I get a woot-woot for unexpected blessings? WOOT-WOOT! But 2014 also gave me a few limes.
Not lemons. Limes.
Lemons are the color of sunshine and the starring role in every adorable neighborhood lemonade stand. Limes, however, are green and no amount of sugar can make them yummy. So yeah.
Last year threw some fastball LIMES at me.
- My house caught on fire (It was a freak electrical fire and thankfully no one was hurt, but still. It was traumatic.)
- A few of my loved ones passed away (one being my grandmother, whom I miss dearly)
- My family suffered some difficult health issues
- And my little sister (and best friend) moved to the rainforests of Papua New Guinea to be a missionary—which is WAY cool—but saying goodbye to her was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.
So yeah. 2014 didn’t go as smoothly as I’d hoped. It felt like one struggle after the next kept smashing into me and, because of this, I sort of disappeared online. I had to, I think, in order to process all the neon-green curve balls coming my way.
But just because I wasn’t online very often doesn’t mean I wasn’t writing. BECAUSE I WAS.
Apparently, when life gives me limes, I retreat into fiction. Haha. Writing is an escape for me—a happy place waiting at my fingertips—and I visited that happy place a LOT last year. And if all goes well, I’m hoping to share some of my heart’s hard work with you guys THIS year.
BECAUSE THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE AMAZING.
I’m hoping to release 2-3 new titles this year, including the long-awaited sequel to Sophie & Carter. *giddy squeal* This one’s been in the works for a loooong time. Haha.
I’m also hoping to release a new young adult fantasy series…and possibly a horror novella… Mwah-ha-ha…
(For a complete list of my upcoming books, check out my COMING SOON page.)
I’m also thrilled because book one in my Finding Fate series, Best Kind Of Broken, comes out in bookstores in ELEVEN DAYS! I still can’t believe it. Like AT ALL. Haha. (You can pre-order the paperback now on Barnes & Noble or Amazon)
And in honor of this exciting paperback release, I’ll be signing books on Friday, January 16th at Barnes & Noble! COME SEE ME!
So many exciting things are happening this year! *happy sigh* Here’s to a lime-free 2015!